Friday, September 12, 2014

Why I hate fundraising

Okay guys, I've put off fundraising as long as I possibly can. And even now I'm tearing up while I write this. I hate fundraising. I know. Not the best way to start off a fundraising page.
The reason I so hate fundraising is that to motivate myself I have to really force myself to consider why I'm fundraising. I'm not doing this for the tshirt or to make myself feel good. And although I love some free breakfast it's not enough to motivate me to hit my friends and family up for money. Most days we can do hours of treatments and literally handfuls of pills, and somewhere over the years it's become our normal. We let the dog out. We make school lunches. We hand out digestive enzymes. We do a couple of nebs, the vest. You get the idea. But fundraising is different. It inolves me asking for money and knowing that all too often people will keep on scrolling.
Which brings me to the reason why I'm doing this yet again. I'm doing this because My deepest fear is and has been for the last decade that my daughter will die. There it is. 
That sounds so dramatic and scary, but that's what it is. CF is an ugly, painful progressive disease. We fight. We fight what we know is a battle that we cannont win today. We know someday there will be a cure. So we fight. And we fight not knowing if the cure will be here in time.
That's it. 
So we keep going. We pray with tears streaming down our cheeks, and we trust God.
And once a year I ask you for help. I ask for the $10 that you can spare. I ask you to skip the pumpkin latte because there are 30,000 people waiting for a cure. I ask because my daughter, my baby, my whole world is waiting.


There are approximately 30,000 Americans living with cystic fibrosis. They are moms, dads, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons, friends and co-workers who struggle every day just to breathe. I walk for them and hope you will support me in my efforts.
Real progress has been made in the search for a cure, but the lives of people with CF are still cut far too short. There still is no cure for this devastating disease. By walking today, I am helping add tomorrows to the lives of people living with cystic fibrosis. Will you join me? Support me by making a donation to my Great Strides fundraising campaign today!
Great Strides is a fun, family-friendly event that raises awareness and support for people with CF and their families.
Please support me!
Help me reach my fundraising goal by donating to my Great Strides fundraising campaign. Your gift will help add tomorrows to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis by supporting life-saving research and medical progress. Your gift is 100-percent tax deductible.
http://fightcf.cff.org/site/TR/GreatStrides/90_Northeast_Texas_Dallas?px=2073415&pg=personal&fr_id=2247

No comments:

Post a Comment