Monday, March 21, 2011

The Frazzle and the Leaf

I know that this blog was started to document my daughter's make a wish trip, but I feel this particular subject is equally important...
So only because Frazzleberry was closed did I venture to a new fro yo place.
And as a Frazzle-addict I thought I should share my opinions.
First of all, walking in with the K-razy orange and green I have to say it looked fab. There were actual chairs and tables enough for more than 8 people at a time (one of my few complaints about Frazzle) and the iridescent tile on the back, well I could've stared at it for hours. The yogurt dispensers were all high tech chrome looking and holy moly were there a lot of choices.
So I started my fav part of fro yo, the sampling. The coconut was okay. Coffee, good. Red Velvet, good. Cookies and Cream, good. The yogurt tasted heavier than Frazzleberry, more like ice cream. I prefer my fro yo lighter. The flavas were good, but not stand outside in a line around the block in the snow good like Frazzleberry.
Oh and the lady at the door greeted us with, "Hello! Welcome to Frazzleberr....Oh crap!" For real, ask Wayne.
Anyway, the toppings looked promising. I saw the Boba and squealed. I have a special place in my heart for Boba. It's a party in my mouth :)
But the pieces of toppings were huge. They were like toppings for giants. (So Wayne had some.) The Heath Bar was big ol honkin' slivers. Sounds good in theory, but it means u can't stir up the toppings well in ur yogurt. Seriously, that made me super sad....so I added more Boba.
We sat at the super awesome, low rider lookin' custom orange leaf chairs. Wayne actually fit. But no board to draw on so no pics to post on fb. Oh and the spoons were like mini-shovels. Wayne took his home :)
So my conclusions, it was good. I will go again...on Mondays when Frazzle is closed.
The fro yo was too heavy for me. The flavas were good, but not cracktastic. The toppings were too big to actually be toppings with the very notable exception on the yummo-tastic boba! The atmosphere was uber chic. And the spoons will be make awesome shovels for Grace's Ken doll.
So good, yes. Likely to inspire cheesy rap songs and countless fb posts, prob not.
Wonder what Frazzleberry will have tomorrow?

5 comments:

  1. Okay....so where is it located? I haven't heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to do a review on just chillin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boba?!? In A-town?! Now ur just trying to get me to come back... When I read "The coconut was okay. Coffee, good. Red Velvet, good. Cookies and Cream, good." I read it like Joey with the traditional English Trifle. Just fyi.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could be a professional fro-yo reviewer/critic! Can you imagine getting paid to eat fro-yo and blog about it!?! :) Great description of the Boba. Husband loves that stuff. I prefer pop rocks if there's got to be party in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's over off Western and I40 in that shopping strip behind Michael's. And maybe I'll try Just Chillin' next Monday, maybe.
    And boba, I totally flipped out. It wasn't like Bethanny Boba. They were like lil bubble things things that kinda burst with sweet goodness, but not chewy. But still made me miss u and Bethanny's real bad. And the Joey pun was intended cuz u know me that well :)
    And a few more fro yo places and Amarillo will need a reviewer. That would be an amazing job :)
    And one more smiley face just cuz :)

    ReplyDelete