Monday, April 18, 2011

Fairies, hats and a Segway

So I figure I've only got a week or so left to get this down on paper  blog before my memory craps out on me.

So day, um, 4 I believe we were Epcot bound. Now Grace was not at all interested in the big ball thingy ma-gig or any of the amazing flower topiaries that were out for spring (Wayne learned a new word that day. Topiary not ma-gig.)
Because Epcot is the land of the Fairies. Oh Tinkerbell, we traveled hours and crossed many states to meet you. She could barely contain herself as we pushed her up to the lil fairy grove in the stroller (excited but still willing to rest in a stroller.) Tinkerbell was on a pixie dust break, but we did see two adorable lil fairies. Grace ran to them and giggled the whole time they talked to her. The pic of her with her lil hands on her hips is just one of my fav of the whole trip.
After her lil visit she said she knew Vidia, and then said, "Mom, I can't remember the other fairy's name." Now had I been thinking I would have at least taken a few more seconds. But no, I didn't miss a beat. "Rosetta," I replied. This is the point where I'm fairly sure I have seen Tinkerbell movies one too many times. Btw Vidia was my absolute fav of all the fairies.
So a few min later, Tinkerbell emerged in all her pixie dust glory. Grace again started the giggling. And I was very proud to say that I have no idea what the boy fairy's name is. Whew, still an adult ;)
I think we could've gone home right then and Gracie would've been content. The rest of the trip she talked about the fairies.
I was onto meet the rest of the animated gang. Oh, side note. That morning Mickey AND Minnie had come to Give Kids the World. We got to meet them there, and take what will be our family Christmas card pic (Those of u who know me know that I never actually get around to sending out a Christmas card, but maybe since Mickey and Minnie are in it... still prob forget.)
But the rest of the gang was all in one big place. It was beyond awesome. U got to go from Minnie to Goofy to Donald to Pluto...well u get the idea. Wayne was quick to jump into the pic with Gooffy...insert obvious joke here.
Oh and outside we later met Chip and Dale. Didn't even realize Seth knew who they were, but man he was all over them like Chip on a walnut. Still no clue which one is which.

Oh and I forgot the hat parade inside one of the stores. Seth is my moody picture taker. When it's my idea, he's hiding his face and sticking his tongue out. But when it's his idea, oh it's a par-tay! So Seth began to systematically try on every hat he could find. And Gracie noticed I was snapping away pics of him. She doesn't understand why anyone would ever take a pic of anyone but her. So she began modeling too. 
It was a much needed distraction because this was also the store where I got a glimpse of the Disney Dooney and Burke purse that I had been stalking online for weeks. I think I sensed it the moment we walked in the door. The soft leather called to me across the aisles. Even the zipper was amazing. All the lil teeth were different colors. I would just like credit for walking away from it. 
And Wayne feel in love too....with a segway. He and all the senior citizens stood in line just to try one out. I think it's a good idea. I mean he's so hard to spot in a crowd now, I feel the segway would really make him a head up, make that another head up on everyone else.

So this was the park where we rode only a few rides. We rode the ride with Figment the Dragon. Pretty sure it was the exact way from when I rode it as a kid. Wayne and I were both thinking lame-o, but the kids wanted to ride it again as soon as it ended. Turtle Talk with Crush from finding Nemo was super cute, and the Nemo ride was too adorable. But for 4 and 6 yr olds, Epcot is mostly about who u can meet :D 










And now the parade of hats! 















No comments:

Post a Comment