Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hello Suess and Fivel

Honestly, I hadn't thought too much about Universal Studios before our trip.

Hands down fav part of her day!
I mean how could anything compete with Disney, and after playing with dolphins I thought Universal would probably be a bit of a let down...I was so wonderfully wrong :D
We got there, and as I was waiting in line for a stroller I spotted Scooby Doo. Didn't bother pointing him out to the kidlets. He was way too far away for me to hunt him down...too far for me.
Super Daddy to the rescue. He scooped up both kids. And off they went. Scooby turned the corner, but Super Daddy's stride is way longer than any dog, no matter how big. And he got Mr. Scoobert. Cute phone pics and everything. Can I just say I'm totally in love with man?!
Grace drug me back to see Scooby one more time later that day. He gave her beads that are now hanging on the door of her room. Oh and he danced with her. Pretty smooth for a Great Dane.
It was all good times from there. We hit Fivel's playground. Now the kids have no clue who Fivel is, but they def enjoyed his world. Grace rode the lil water slide at least five times. And here's what we learned about the slide.
1. Grace will wait til ur at the top to decide she doesn't want u to ride with u. At which point ur that weird adult riding down it all by yourself.
I'm thinking about having this made into an 8x10
2. How wet u get is directly related to how much weight is on the raft...Wayne was soaked.
And speaking of soaked, we found Curious George's lil town square. So it's this whole lil area where u can get soaked, not a bad idea at an amusement park in Florida. But I was just wet enough from the slide to be quite content to follow the lil path around the outside avoiding all the H2O. I got to the end, and my sweet son asked me to walk into the lil post office. It was at the edge, no one was manning the water cannons, what could be the harm?
Seth was showing me around and pulled me over to the mailboxes. And without missing a beat he opened the one mailbox that hid a hose down worth of water. I don't mean a spritz. I mean soak from about the neck down. And then the lil monkey busted out laughing.
Apparently he had been in the post office earlier with Granny. He knew exactly which one would spray buckets of water. And had waited til he got me in the right spot before opening the mailbox.
Honestly, I'm pretty proud of his lil prank. Smart kid,
teen years are gonna be rough.
Now I need to give another shot out to my super awesome hubby. He knew when he married me that I was a big weenie when it comes to rides. For real the tea cups at Disneyworld hold no appeal to me. He voluntarily missed most of the roller coasters. His attitude was if the kids couldn't ride then we'd find something to do as a family. Have I mentioned that I heart this man.
Anyway, Universal has some pretty amazing scary rides...I mean at least from my viewpoint on the ground. And Wayne and my Mom did decide to try the Twister ride. Btw it makes me super happy that Wayne and my Mom are all buddy-buddy. The kids and I waited at the exit where Seth and Grace put on a dance show for me. They can seriously bust a move...I think it's all that MJ gaming.
So the actual point of this story was so I'd have an excuse to post the pic of my Mom when she got off the ride...

If those shirts and hats hadn't been so dang expensive,
we'd all have matching outfits for Halloween...
or whenever.
Later that afternoon we found Dr. Suess-land. Now lemme say that Seth and I have a special Suess connection. It's all those Horton books. A story about an elephant who sits on an egg and when the egg hatches the lil flying elephant is Horton's. Hello adoption water works :D
Anyway, I think he and I would've moved in if possible. I mean it was like walking into the book. Plus all the thing 1 and thing 2 merchandise. Seth really makes a cute thing.
So at the end of the day we left Universal with a stuffed Scooby (who's nametag we later noticed is sewn upside down,) a sticky spiderman (he needs to be washed every 1/2 hour but he does stick to the ceiling,) thing 1 and 2 toe socks (I forgot toe socks don't work very well with my partially webbed toes,) and stupid big smiles on our faces.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the kids are in need of a Fivel marathon! I learned the words to "Somewhere Out There" very early in life. :)

    ReplyDelete