Friday, April 22, 2011

Yes, my 4 yr old did ride the Tower of Terror

Pizza at...wait for iiiit....Pizza Planet!
It was our last day. We were all pretty run down, happy but run down. And as we turned a corner, Seth spotted it. The menacing run down building known as The Tow-errr of Terrrr-or (echoing freaky voice.) By this point Seth had learned exactly what the lil measuring tape thing was next to the rides. He sprinted to it, and when he realized he was tall enough, squealed like a pig being mowed down by an angry bird.
Let me say, he had watched videos of it on the dvd we'd gotten from Disney to plan our vacation. At one point before the trip he had said how scary it was, and he did not want to ride anything like that. I was pretty shocked when he started pleading to ride it. Wayne and I exchanged some seriously concerned words about the whole thing.
This was the conclusion we reached.
1. If we said no, he was going to have a meltdown and cry like a baby in the middle of Disney.
2. If we said yes, he was going to have a meltdown and cry like a baby while on the ride.
So by letting him go, we got to let him make his own decision that wouldn't permanently scar him (I hope,) and Wayne got to ride the tower of terror. So after trying to no avail to convince him it would be too scary for him, off the two of them went.
And being proper weenies and girls, Grace and I went off to shop.
Now this next part of the story is pure hear-say. Wayne said he did get a few worried glances from other people as they waited. Actually I think he used the term dirtbag. Seth was pumped. Seth was pumped in line. Seth was pumped when he buckled in. Seth was pumped...and then Seth was dropped.
For those of you not familiar with the ride, let me explain. It takes you up stupid high. And it doesn't just drop you, it pulls you down. So you're going faster than the speed of gravity. Why that sounds super fun I have no idea.
I know this is the part where u think he freaks out. Think again. He laughed when it dropped them. He loved it. The the tower yanked them back up...
This is the part where he freaks out. He cried that he wanted off and cried for me over the next several drops and pulls.
Let me back up for a minute. He had ridden a small roller coaster the day before with my Mom and Wayne. He absolutely loved it. He had also ridden the Spiderman ride. That one was 'sk-eeerr-eee.'
I know this because after he got off he gave me a long play by play of the whole ride complete with Seth-tastic hand motions and epic dramatic pauses. He is an amazing story teller...if u can understand what he's saying.
When I saw him after the tower, this was the conversation.
Me- Seth, was it fun?
Seth- It was scary. I cried for you.
Not really sure where to go in the story now. So lemme make a totally awkward jump....


Aaaand we got to meet Buzz and Woody. Oh I heart them. Seth about knocked Woody over. Oh and the actual Toy Story ride was pure awesomeness. When u walk in right before u get on the ride, it's like being in Andy's room only you're the size of a toy. We rode it at least twice, wait maybe three times. See why I'm trying to write it all down now.
I totally made them pose for this.
And my biggest geek out moment had to be at Disney Hollywood. The Muppets, oh how I adore the Muppets. And the 3D show was so good even the non-muppet enthusiasts, aka Wayne, enjoyed it. I had to stop and take pics in the hallway. Oh and afterward there was a whole store devoted to Muppet awesomeness. My mickey ears that I bought are Kermit Mickey Ears. Dude, they're ah-mazing.
I think it was right after that show that we spotted McQueen and Mater. To be fair, I think Seth spotted them. He ran over to McQueen who was purring like a, um, insert fancy car reference here. Sorry Wayne's at work so I have no one to get car metaphors from.
The arm across the hood, hand on the hip, blue steely gaze, all Seth's idead.
Grace tried to go stand next to him. Seth shoved her out of the pic. And then he posed himself. I would've stepped in quicker to make him behave, but I was doubled over laughing. He was hardcore serious about that pic. Wayne swooped in by Grace, and they took pics with Mater. Sweet Daddy :)
We also went to see Beauty and the Beast. We got to sit stupid close. So close I could see that Gaston's muscles were built into his costume. But it was like it's own lil Broadway style show. Grace is a fan of all things dancing and singing. She and I were sucked in pretty quick. And also, Wayne noted that when the Beast turned into the prince his hair looked like Fabio. Then Seth asked who's Fabio.
And the Honey, I shrunk the kids playground is still there. I remember playing on it when I was younger. Still adorable and the kids were gone. Grace got a lil wigged by te giant ant...til it purred at her. Then she was hooked. Had to drag her away from a giant ant.
All in all, I have to say this was one of our fav parks. Wasn't quite as crowded as Magic Kingdom and the size made it super easy to find things. And this was the park where I got to do the most shopping so win, win.



No comments:

Post a Comment